|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
Town of Phillips Animal Control Officer
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday-August 22 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Sept 11- 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - Aug 28 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Sept 5 - 4:30 pm - at the P.A.C.C.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Thursday - Sept 14 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room. Help plan for Old Home Days. Volunteers needed during Old Home Days.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wednesday - Aug 16 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee All-Purpose Room.
- 2017 Old Home Days - August 13 thru August 20 - Parade on Friday, August 18 - Theme: "My Favorite Fairy Tale."
- Aug 12 - Saturday - 10 am to 3 pm - Phillips Art Show - local artists - at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. - Free Admission.
- Aug 13 - Sunday - 2 pm - Auction to benefit Phillips Historical Society - Preview at 1 pm - at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St.
- Aug 16 - Wednesday - 6 pm - Cribbage Tournament - American Legion Post 64, Depot St - Doubles Only - $5.00 per person.
- Aug 19 - Saturday - SR&RL RR Civil War Reenactment - Union & Confederate soldiers face off and interaction with the RR - Train leaves on the hour from 11 to 4 - Fares are $6 for 13 and older; $1 under 13 and children under 5, free.
- August 18 & 19 - Friday & Saturday Evenings - SR&RL Train rides in Lantern-lit coaches - 8:30 pm and 9 pm.
- Flea and Craft Market - First Saturday of each month through Sept - 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - located at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. More information.
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad - Train Rides (Steam) - Most Weekends - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturdays and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sundays. See Schedule for dates.
- Narrow Gauge Quilters - Weekly meetings on Thursday at 1 pm at the Phillips Library.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate Dunham at 639-2012 or Susan Randow at 500-1418.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - 6:00 pm sharp - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Farmers Market - 15 Depot St - Saturdays - Open May 27 through Sept. - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Flea and Craft Market - First Saturday of each month through Sept - 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - located at the Phillips Area Community Center (PACC), Depot St.
- Phillips Historical House, 8 Pleasant St - Open May through October - 1st and 3rd Sundays - 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Watch for information re Auction to raise money for Historical Museum on August 13. If you have item(s) to donate, contact David Morgan at 639-3717.
- Little White Church Antiques, Eats & Treats - May 17 thru Oct. 15 - 9 am to 4pm Wed thru Sunday. Located at 83 Main St.
- Jam Sessions with Kathy Card (guitar & mandolin) - On the deck of Little White Church or inside in the Eats & Treats Cafe - Sundays - 2 pm to 4 pm. Bring your instruments (String Only) to jam with Kathy or just come to listen. Free. Questions? Call the LWC, 639-2885.
- Stove Top Country Store, 30 Main St, now open - Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Creative Collections - 10 Pleasant St - Opens for season, June 3 - Saturdays & Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|